“VIRGIN LABFEST 11 WRITING FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM 2015”
THE Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) is now accepting applications for the Virgin Labfest 11 Writing Fellowship Program which will be held on June 30 to July 12, 2015. The Virgin Labfest 11 Writing Fellowship Program is a project of the CCP Artist Training Division of the Arts Education Department.
To qualify, the applicant must:
1. be a college student or a young professional;
2. be 29 years old or below;
3. not have had any play produced by a professional theater company;
4. not have had any play published in a literary journal;
5. not have won in any national/ international playwriting/ screenwriting competition;
6. be able to submit the following requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
a. Fully accomplished Application Form (downloadable from the CCP website)
b. One (1) to two (2) sample stage plays, full or excerpts which should have the following requirements:
· Written either in Filipino or English;
· In .doc format (12 points, double-spaced, 8” x 11” paper);
· The maximum number of pages of the submitted sample stage play(s) is 10 (whether one or two plays).
· The real name / identity of the applicant must not be written on any part of the sample work(s).
7. be present for the entire duration of the program, rehearsals and performance for the Culminating Showcase.
Only complete application requirements will be considered.
Deadline for submission of requirements is at 12 midnight, May 22, 2015. Announcement of accepted applicants is on May 29, 2015.
The Virgin Labfest 11 Writing Fellowship Program is a two-week mentorship program on the study and practice of dramatic writing for the stage. The fellows will take part in lectures, discussions, and workshops on playwriting and script critiquing. They will also be given an access pass to this year’s festival plays and selected rehearsals, as well as the opportunity to participate in the Talkback and Interaction with known playwrights, directors and selected actors. The Fellowship Program will culminate in a staged reading of the fellows’ works on July 12 at the CCP Bulwagang Amado Hernandez at 6 PM.
A minimal registration fee of Php900 will be required of all fellows to cover tickets for the shows.
The Virgin Labfest is a highly distinguished annual festival of unpublished, unstaged, untried and untested works of playwrights, directors and actors. It has gained its reputation by producing provocative and outstanding ‘virgin’ plays mostly which have been recognized by the Palanca Awards for Literature. The Virgin Labfest 11 Writing Fellowship Program is part of the Center’s desire to train young aspiring playwrights.