TOFARM FILM FESTIVAL EVENT DETAILS The Search and Award for The Outstanding Farmers of the Philippines (TOFARM) will be holding its first “TOFARM Film Festival” with the theme “The Plight of the Farmer: His Trials and Triumphs” to highlight the aspirations of the Filipino farmers and their journey to success.
A total of six (6) films will be selected by the TOFARM Film Festival Committee and will be given grants for its production.
TOFARM is also accepting entries for the second photo and infomercial contests with the theme, “TOFARM: Farmers at Work”.
CALDENDAR OF EVENTS: Date Event Venue July 16, 2015 10AM-1PM Launching / Press Conference of the three (3) contests. Annabel’s Restaurant, 194 Tomas Morato Ave., cor. Scout Delgado, Quezon City
September 30, 2015 Deadline of entries for Photo Contest. TBA Deadline of entries for Infomercial.
October 16, 2015 Deadline of submission of screenplays for the TOFARM Film Festival. Media Announcement November 27, 2015 Announcement of six (6) award winning screenplays Media Announcement
November 27, 2015 Announcement of six (6) award winning screenplays Media Announcement
December 4, 2015 Launch of the TOFARM Film Festival.
TBA July 13, 2016 TOFARM Film Festival Grand Opening Ceremony.
TBA July 13-16, 2016 Theatrical Screenings of TOFARM Film Festival Entries.
TBA July 16, 2016 TOFARM Film Festival Awards and Closing Ceremony.
1. FULL LENGTH FEATURE SCREENPLAY COMPETITION
1. All interested amateur and professional writers, students, hobbyists, farmers, media practitioners, producers, directors and other individuals must submit the following requirements on or before October 16, 2015, Friday to the TOFARM Secretariat Office, 10th floor, Harvester Corporate Center, 158 P. Tuazon, cor. 7th & 8th Ave, Cubao, Quezon City: – Duly accomplished 2016 TOFARM Film Festival form available at http://www.tofarm.org
– Synopsis written in Filipino or English (1 page, 12 pts font size, Arial, Double Space) on a letter sized bond paper. Please note that the synopsis and screenplay must not contain the name of the writer. The writers’ name will be declared on a separate sheet with the title of the screenplay.
– Full length screenplays in Filipino (in 12 pts font size, Arial, Double Space on a letter sized bond paper.)
– Resume of the proponent/writer/director/producer
– Samples of previous work (if any) in DVD format
2. Four (4) copies of each entry must be submitted, properly labeled with the following information:
– Title of the film entry
– Participants’ name (Director/Writer)
– Contact details 3. Each of the six (6) finalists will receive a seed production grant in the amount of PhP 1,500,000.00 to be released in three (3) tranches at PhP 500,000 each.
4. The director/producer is encouraged to solicit additional funds to augment his production costs in which TOFARM shall not be liable for reimbursement.
5. Director/producer of the films must submit the following materials to the Film Festival committee for promotional and exhibition purposes:
1.) Behind the scenes materials. (BTS)
2.) Teaser and trailer of the film. (in HD format)
3.) Major credit titles (soft and hard copies) of the film
4.) Vertical posters in CD jpeg format
6. The deadline for submission of the completed full-length film is on Friday, April 22, 2016.
7. The Film Festival Awarding ceremony will be held at 7PM, July 16, 2016, at a venue to be announced later.
The following prizes will be awarded:
– Best TOFARM Film 2016 PhP 500,000 + Trophy
– 2 nd Best TOFARM Film PhP 400,000 + Trophy
– 3 rd Best TOFARM Film PhP 300,000 + Trophy
– Special Jury Award PhP 100,000
– Best Director TOFARM Trophy
– Best Actor / Actress TOFARM Trophy
– Best Supporting Actor / Actress TOFARM Trophy
– Best Child Performer TOFARM Trophy
– Best Screenplay TOFARM Trophy
– Best Musical Score TOFARM Trophy
– Best Production Design TOFARM Trophy
– Best Editing TOFARM Trophy
– Best Cinematography TOFARM Trophy
*All six (6) finalists will be awarded a Plaque of Recognition.
B. RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The film shall not be less than 75 minutes. This year’s theme is: The Plight of the Farmer: His Trials and Triumphs”. Story can be original or fiction but must be inspired by true accounts of a farmer, livestock raiser, fisher folk or other related individuals to agriculture.
2. The members of the organizing committee are disqualified from joining the competition.
3. Interested participants may submit a maximum of two (2) entries. However, only one entry per proponent shall be considered in the finals.
4. All finalists must have their premiere screening during the TOFARM Film Festival.
5. All works must be strictly independent films and not produced by commercial producers.
6. Different film genres are encouraged such as comedy, drama, romance, action, suspense, horror and fantasy or combinations of these different genres.
7. All entries must be submitted in a data file HD format.
8. The total production budget for the film may exceed PhP 1,500,000. The proponent shall submit a copy of the detailed financial statement/expenses of the grant. Additional expenses solicited from sponsors, donors, etc. by the director/producer shall be the sole responsibility of the director and TOFARM will not be responsible for any reimbursement.
9. Due to copyright laws, the music used in any entry must be original, licensed or public domain.
10. Dialogue should be in Filipino or any Philippine dialect as deemed appropriate. All entries must be subtitled in English upon submission.
11. Ownership of the film rights shall be on a 50% / 50% basis between TOFARM and the director/producer. The same system of sharing will be applied in all ancillary rights and pertinent negotiations, whether the film is sold, rented or leased in the Philippines or abroad.
12. Proponents must assign a single representative to act on behalf of the production team. All official communications shall be addressed to the said representative. The TOFARM Festival committee shall not be liable for any controversy regarding the sharing of awards among the members of the team.
13. TOFARM shall ensure the safety of the films throughout the period in which the materials are in its custody.
14. The organizer and its agencies reserve the right to use the entry’s name and/or materials for the purpose of publicity, advertising, and/or promotion without prior compensation or notice.
15. The organizer reserves the right to cancel, change or amend this contest and its Rules and Regulations
16. All films already in production phase prior to April 2016 will be disqualified.
17. The decision of the Board of Judges is final.2. INFOMERCIAL CONTEST GUIDELINES: – Download the entry form at http://www.tofarm.org
– Remember to include the following: o Brand and model of camera, phone or tablet used o Location where the video was taken o Title of the video o Name and address of the subject farmer, fisher folk, livestock raiser or other related individuals o Indicate if amateur or professional videographer – The participant must choose a topic and submit a one to two minute screenplay following this year’s theme: “Modern Philippine Agriculture.”
– Below are suggested infomercial features in connection with the theme: o Using fertilizer products of UHI o Farming, fishery and/or livestock best practices o Inorganic and organic applications o Curing a specific disease or infestation o How to improve farmer financial capability o Other topics are subject to the organizer’s approval – All interested videographers are requested to bring the following requirements to the TOFARM Secretariat Office, 10th floor, Harvester Corporate Center, 158 P. Tuazon, cor. 7th & 8th Ave, Cubao, Quezon City: o Duly accomplished 2016 TOFARM Infomercial form available at http://www.tofarm.org
– All interested videographers are requested to bring the following requirements to the TOFARM Secretariat Office, 10th floor, Harvester Corporate Center, 158 P. Tuazon, cor. 7th & 8th Ave, Cubao, Quezon City: o Duly accomplished 2016 TOFARM Infomercial form available at http://www.tofarm.org o Synopsis in Filipino or English (1 page, 12 pts font size, Arial, Double Space) o Resume of the proponent
– Upon the organizing committee’s topic and screenplay approval, the committee will signal the proponent to proceed with the development of the video.
– Submit your entry in DVD format to the TOFARM Secretariat office on or before September 30, 2015. The following prizes will be awarded: 1 st Prize: P120,000 2 nd Prize: P100,0003 rd Prize: P80,000 3. PHOTO CONTEST GUIDELINES:
– There will be two (2) categories for the photo contest: DSLR category where only DSLR shot photos are accepted and a specific brand sponsor may award their own best photo; and non-DSLR category where photos taken using pointand-shoot cameras, mobile phones, tablet, etc., are accepted and a specific brand sponsor may award their own best photo. – Download the entry form at http://www.tofarm.org
– Remember to include the following: o Brand and model of camera, phone or tablet used o Location where the video was taken o Title of the video o Name and address of the subject farmer, fisher folk, livestock raiser or other related individuals o Indicate if amateur or professional videographer
The participant must submit three (3) photos preferably one (1) serious photo, one (1) funny photo and one (1) selfie as proof that the proponent took the photos. – The participant must follow this year’s theme: “Philippine agriculture manmade wonders, innovations and ingenuity”.
– The participant is requested to give a high resolution in jpeg (300dpi) together with its corresponding RAW file.
– Only minimal editing and modifications such as cropping, brightness and contrast adjustments are allowed.
– All interested photographers are requested to pass the following to email@example.com on or before September 30, 2015: o Duly accomplished 2016 TOFARM
Infomercial form available at http://www.tofarm.org
The following prizes will be awarded: DSLR Photos: Non-DSLR: 1 st Prize: P100, 000 1 st Prize: P50, 000 2 nd Prize: P80, 000 2 nd Prize: P40, 0003 rd Prize: P60, 000 3 rd Prize: P30, 000